Sunday, June 16, 2013

My Current Obsessions

Hey guys! I am sorry it's taken me forever to write another blog post, after my last one I was working on my law review application for two weeks and then I started my new job as a summer associate at a law firm in Atlanta. Needless to say I've been extremely busy but I definitely missed writing here. I promise to never leave you for so long again! 

Today I thought I'd do a quick post on three skincare/beauty products I am currently LOVING just to get back into the swing of things. 





Pacifica Sea Foam Complete Face Wash


Pacifica Sea Foam Complete Face Wash Review

Words cannot express how much I love this Pacifica Sea Foam Complete Face Wash. I first heard of the Pacifica line when it was sold as Sephora, and I fell in love with their body butters. (Aside: If you haven't tried those yet, GO GET SOME. Not only do they leave your skin luxuriously soft, they also are FULL of antioxidants which, as you saw in my previous post, are awesome for your skin!) Pretty soon I started seeing the line at Target, along with a bunch of new products like this little face wash. Knowing how amazing their body butters are, I snatched this up to try. I was not disappointed. First of all, it smells SO GOOD; it literally smells like the ocean in a bottle, complete with seaweed and coconuts. It also is such a gentle cleanser, it uses coconut water, papaya extract, and sea algae extract to gently cleanse and exfoliate your face. The coconut water is a natural toner and after you use it your face does not feel tight at all as it usually does with harsh soaps, it really is so refreshing.

 Now, knowing my skin, I know if I tried to use this as my only cleanser I would turn into a complete zit face. Not saying this doesn't leave my skin clean, it's just that my skin NEEDS harsh ingredients like benzoyl peroxide and glycolic acid to stay decent. So what I do is I use industrial strength cleansers morning and night and then I use this in the afternoons after work to remove my makeup and sort of refresh my skin. It is the perfect pick-me-up after a long day, and I just love it. If you want more info on this cleanser or the Pacifica line in general, go here. All the products are so good and and they only use natural ingredients, which is always a plus!

Burt's Bees Radiance Night Cream

Burt's Bees Radiance Night Cream Review

Another one of my favorite natural skin care lines, this Radiance Night Cream by Burt's Bees is my current obsession! I use prescribed Retin-A every night to both deal with acne (yes I still get it, I don't know how! I actually had it in high school and was using Retin-A back then, and had stopped using it a couple of years ago. However, when I started law school last fall the stress must have flared it back up again, I literally ran to my dermatologist during winter break and was like HELP ME!) as well as for preventative measures. I will do an in-depth post on Retin-A soon; it is definitely a major skin care essential and one of the best ingredients for preventing premature aging. Anyways, as anyone who uses Retin-A knows, it is extremely drying. Therefore I went out in search of a super moisturizing night cream that would prevent my skin from completely shriveling up and came upon this! 

The key ingredient in this is royal jelly, which is the substance made by worker bees to feed the queen bee. It is one of the worlds most powerful nutrients, full of vitamins and amino acids. The Egyptians discovered this ages ago, and used to slather it on their skin to keep it moisturized in the dry desert air. This moisturizer also has sunflower seed oil (good for retaining moisture in the skin), shea butter (has many vitamins including Vitamin A, which is a natural form of retinol and helps renew skin), and jojoba oil(extremely moisturizing). 

I have been using this moisturizer every night for a couple of months now, and I love it. Despite all the heavy ingredients I have not found that it clogs my pores or breaks me out. If you are looking for a good, heavy duty night moisturizer that will keep your skin hydrated, definitely check this one out!

The Balm Balms Away: Eye Makeup Break-Up

This last one is a bit superfluous, you could definitely just save your money and use regular eye makeup remover from the drugstore, however, as you know I am a product junkie and this was on sale on Hautelook so I decided to give it a try! 

The Balm Balms Away Review

I am loving this eye makeup remover by the Balm! What drew me to it is it is fortified with vitamins A, C, & E as well as plant derived lipids, all of which are amazing for the delicate skin around your eye. Basically it removes your makeup while moisturizing and conditioning your skin and lashes at the same time!

The Balm Balms Away Review

The consistency is very thick and jelly-like, almost like petroleum.  You basically just take a small dab and gently rub it on your eye. Then I just take a cotton pad and lightly wipe it off. It really does work amazing at removing makeup, and I always feel a bit better knowing that it is also moisturizing my skin as well!

That's it for now guys, let me know in the comments which beauty/skincare products you've been loving lately!

xoxo Patricia

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitley going to have to try the Pacifica face wash! Smelling the ocean everyday would make me much happier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah definitely try it Rachel, it smells sooo good!!!

    ReplyDelete