Sunday, March 23, 2014

Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation Review



Hey guys! I'm sure you know by now what a fan I am of drugstore foundations (read my breakdown here), but I also have been trying out a few higher-end foundations lately. The first is the Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation. Tarte is one of my favorite makeup brands because they only use natural ingredients but all their products are extremely high quality, which is rare for natural makeup lines. 



I decided to go with their Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation because clay is really absorbing and I thought it would be perfect for my oily complexion. The Amazonian clay used in this foundation is harvested straight from the banks of the Amazon River where it collects minerals and nutrients as it flows for 4,000 miles. The clay is deposited in the River's basin and bakes under the sun, sealing in all the minerals, before it is harvested and ground to a fine powder that is used in Tarte's cosmetics. 

In addition to all that clay goodness, this foundation also has SPF 15, physical kind! That's great because as I've mentioned before, I try to steer clear of chemical SPF. Next this foundation has Vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant that will help protect your skin from free radicals. Lastly it has sodium hyaluronate, which is basically a form of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a moisture retaining ingredient that can hold up to 10000 its own weight in water. It is amazing at keeping your skin hydrated throughout the day. 


I wear tan honey btw
The texture of this foundation is really lightweight and blendable, and it can be built up to the level of coverage you want. With one coat it has about a medium coverage. It does dry to a matte finish, but its definitely more of a silky, satin-y matte instead of a cracked, super-dry matte that you might expect with a clay-based foundation. In terms of staying power, this foundation definitely delivers! I have extremely oily skin and this foundation definitely lasts all day, as long as I dab a little powder on every now and then. 

All in all, I am really enjoying this foundation. It's a great way to cover my imperfections while also getting some skin-caring ingredients in at the same time. The rich clay-base makes me feel like I've worn a mini-clay mask all day. I can't recommend this foundation enough! Definitely check it out.

Alright guys, please let me know in the comments if you've tried this foundation and what your thoughts were! 

xoxo Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment