Monday, March 3, 2014

Garnier Clean+ Nourishing Cleansing Oil & Blackhead Eliminating Scrub


Hey guys! I've been trying some new skincare products lately and I thought I'd write a little blog post and let you know how I've been liking them! Specifically, Garnier came out with a new Clean Plus line of skincare products. I don't normally go crazy for any particular line (I'm more of a pick and choose type of girl) but I was immediately drawn to this line because I saw they had a cleansing oil and I'm literally obsessed with oils right now.




My obsession with cleansing oils (obsession with facial oils in general is a whole other story, I will do a blog post on my favorites soon!) began when I received a Josie Maran gift set for Christmas with travel sizes of all her most popular products, including the Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil. I immediately fell in LOVE with it. Cleaning your face with oil might sound counter-intuitive at first, but it seriously is the best way to remove all your makeup and give your skin some much-needed moisture after a long day. I used to use makeup remover wipes religiously, but I have completely made the switch and it makes me feel good that I'm not wasting unnecessary paper every day anymore. The Josie Maran one is really good, but it was definitely a little pricey for everyday use. That's why I was so happy to see this more affordable option.


Garnier Clean+ Nourishing Cleansing Oil


The Garnier Clean + Nourishing Cleansing Oil is just as good as the Josie Maran cleansing oil! It has jojoba and macadamia oils and it works in pretty much the same way. You take some and rub it all over your face and around your eyes to loosen up your makeup, and then you add water. The oil emulsifies and becomes almost milky in consistency, and then you just rinse it away to reveal clean and velvety soft skin. I'm seriously obsessed. 

This in combination with my nightly facial oils has really helped rebalance my oily skin. The reason is simple, the more you strip your skin with harsh products the more oil it will produce to overcompensate for the dryness, however if you use more nourishing products your skin won't need to produce as much oil. As I've added more facial oils into my routine I have definitely noticed a reduction in how oily my skin gets throughout the day. Definitely try it out if you have oily skin like me!






Garnier Clean+ Blackhead Eliminating Scrub


The other Garnier Plus product I picked up was their Blackhead Eliminating Scrub. I was immediately drawn to this because I saw it had Charcoal. Charcoal is a great ingredient to use on your skin because it has amazing absorption capabilities (it's what they pump into people's stomachs when they have alcohol poisoning to absorb up all the alcohol) and it will instantly draw out all the impurities in your skin like dirt and oil. This scrub also has salicylic acid and micro-beads to gently exfoliate your skin. I really like this scrub and always leave it on while I shower to maximize the coal-absorbing aspect. 










Alright guys I hope you enjoyed this mini-review of the Garnier Clean+ line, and I hope I've give you some ideas for new products to try! Please comment below and just say hi, it really makes my day to see who all has been reading my blog :)

xoxo Patricia

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Patricia. I'm so tired of wasting money on products that don't work, but I'm excited to try your suggestions since I also love Josie Maran's cleansing oil. :-)
    -donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome Donna, glad I could help! :)

    ReplyDelete