Saturday, August 30, 2014

Lake Pewaukee in Wisconsin

Hey guys!  I know I know, I have been MIA these past couple of weeks. Classes started up again two weeks ago and I have just been slammed! Now that I'm settling into my schedule I should have more time to post more regularly. Today I wanted to share with you some of my pictures from a recent trip to Wisconsin with my fiance to visit his family. Enjoy! 


We actually spent the first day in Milwaukee going to the Wisconsin State Fair with Alex's dad. Alex goes pretty much every year, but since it was my first year in Wisconsin during the summer it was my first time getting to see the fair.


beautiful clouds on the way to Wisconsin
Hello Wisconsin!


Of course we had to try the world-famous cream puffs!


The masters at work


so huge!


Just look at that creamy goodness!! It was seriously so thick, I could not finish my entire cream puff (although Alex did not mind finishing mine at all haha).

my honey and I!

Then we just HAD to get fried cheese curds because hello.... its Wisconsin!! Haha these were honestly just amazing!


Then we went to the horticultural center and saw all the pretty flower winners! Here I am loving me some orchids haha.



Wouldn't be a fair without some pig-racing! These were the geriatric pigs haha so funny.


Then it was time for more food! I thought this picture of Alex and his Dad eating their roasted corn was so cute and funny lol!


We also went on a skyride which was pretty terrifying because Alex and I were convinced that ours was defective the whole time! 


Arriving at the lake house the next day!


Lake Pewaukee, seriously one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen!


We were staying at Alex's aunt and uncle's lake house, and they had the prettiest flowers everywhere.




We spent the morning eating and chatting and catching up, and then it was time to go into the lake!

safety first!

It was my first time ever on a speed-boat, and I brilliantly decided to sit in the very front while Alex was tubing! His uncle did not go easy on him and needless to say, it was terrifying! 


However, I got used to it after a few minutes and was able to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery. There was a sailboat regatta happening in the distance of this picture!


I wanted to go on that island so bad!


It was so beautiful and peaceful riding around that lake, I wish I could be back there right now! 


Alex even managed to convince me to get on the tube with him eventually, although I made them go super slow!

Hope you enjoyed these pictures guys! Lake Pewaukee is such a beautiful place, I hope I get a chance to go back at some point. Definitely give it a visit if you're in Wisconsin, as well as the State Fair!

xo Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment