Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My Daily Eyeshadow - bareMinerals Top Shelf


Hey guys! My mornings are usually spent in a mad dash to get ready in as little time as possible. As a result, I've come up with numerous tricks to get myself looking slightly put together without too much effort. One of those is wearing a tinted moisturizer as my foundation some days (and skipping my long routine of antioxidant serum followed by moisturizer w/ SPF followed by foundation). I try not to do that too often, but it has definitely saved my life a time or two. 




The next is my little eye shadow routine that I am currently loving! Usually when I do my eye shadow I love breaking out my brushes and getting creative with shading and blending. I have numerous eye shadow palettes that I love to use, including the Urban Decay Naked palette, the theBalm Nude'Tude palette, and the Too Faced Natural Eye palette. 

Unfortunately, getting ready at breakneck speed is not really conducive to painting artistically on my lids, so I usually end up skipping this step. I probably wouldn't wear any of my smokey looks to class anyways, but there are some pretty looks you can do with matte colors that are more understated, but also require time and effort that I just don't have on a daily basis.

I had tried buying a taupe eye shadow from the drug store that I could just sweep on my lids for daily use, but I wasn't feeling the color. I also had a few cream eye shadows that I swept on from time to time, but they always faded by the afternoon and I could never find a color I liked enough. Because of this, my regular day-to-day look usually consisted of boring lids.



Well not anymore! I am here today to tell you about my new go-to eyeshadow for everyday makeup: The Top Shelf by bareMinerals. Oh my goodness I love this little mini-palette SO MUCH! My search for the perfect everyday eye shadow that is not too over-the-top but still adds a little something to my eyelids is finally over!

 These are seriously the perfect colors to wear everyday. The palette has Mixologist, which is a shimmery champagne color, and Cognac, which is a beautiful golden-bronze color. The pigmentation is amazing, and its so easy. It's such a beautiful color that I don't even need to worry about trying to do any contouring, I literally just dab my brush into each one and just sweep it onto my eyelids. 



Isn't that color just gorgeous? I'm obsessed. It's the perfect amount of understated shimmer so that I don't look like I'm getting all glammed up for class, but I at least look like I put some effort in! Plus the best part is it stays put all day, those Ready eye shadows have really good staying power. Definitely check them out!

Let me know in the comments what your favorite daily eye shadow is! I'm always looking for new ones to try.

xoxo Patricia

1 comment:

  1. Top Shelf is one of my favorite go-to palettes too!

    ReplyDelete