Saturday, November 15, 2014

Review: 29 by Lydia Mondavi Exfoliating Crush Facial Scrub & First Crush Lip Scrub!

Hey guys! Today I'm going to do a review of a few products from the 29 by Lydia Mondavi skincare line at Target. Specifically, I bought the Exfoliating Crush Facial Scrub and the First Crush Lip ScrubTarget is trying out a new luxury beauty department featuring some more higher-end lines than they usually offer. I saw this skincare line and was immediately intrigued. Read on to hear my thoughts on these two!






In case you don't know, Mondavi is apparently a huge maker of wine in Napa Valley, California. Lydia Mondavi is married to the son of the original Robert Mondavi, and she started her skincare line seven years ago. It is all about harnessing the power of grapes by using the natural by-products of wine making (crushed grapes, seeds) to make beautiful and antioxidant-rich skincare products. The reason I was intrigued is because I love grape-based skincare lines (hello, Caudalie!) because of how PACKED with antioxidants grapes are. This line is very similar to Caudalie, but even though it is high-end for Target, it is still considerably cheaper than Caudalie. I had to try it!


29 by Lydia Mondavi Exfoliating Crush Facial Scrub




As you know, I am obsessed with exfoliation, it is so good for your skin. This one uses finely milled grape skins and seeds to exfoliate your skin and remove dead skin cells. It also has rosemary, eucalyptus, and mint to revitalize your skin, and aloe vera, avocado, jojoba, and almond oil to moisturize. As good as all that sounds, I have to say, I was not a fan of this facial scrub. Yes it smells amazing, however, the texture is just ..... blah. The grape seeds feel a little scratchy on my face, and it doesn't really lather or feel like its exfoliating my skin effectively. I have to use a lot of it to feel like its doing anything. Definitely will not repurchase!

29 by Lydia Mondavi First Crush Lip Scrub






In contrast to the facial scrub which I was just not feeling, I am OBSESSED with this lip scrub!!! It is just so dang compact and convenient, I love it. Unlike most lip scrubs, which are usually soft and sold in little tubs, this exfoliating treatment is molded into lipstick form, which I think is super cute. You just swipe it on like lipstick and rub it around your lips with a finger for about a minute. Then I wipe it off with a tissue and am left with fresh lips that do not have any dead skin. It's perfect for when you know you want to wear lipstick and don't want your lips to be all dry and chapped. 

The scrub is made with grape seed extract, coconut oil, apricot seed powder, and shea butter, and it smells sooo good. The little grape seed particles are very finely milled and do not feel scratchy at all, it is the perfect level of exfoliation that you want to scrub the dead skin off your lips and leave them feeling smooth and luscious. If you suffer from chapped lips like me, go get you some of this! You won't regret it.


Alright guys, that's it for today! I have accumulated quite the stockpile of beauty products that I have been trying out for the past couple of months that I need to review, so stay tuned! Also Alex and I have been going venue hunting for wedding and engagement shoot venues in Atlanta a lot and have visited quite a few spots; I'm thinking about posting some of my pictures in case it is helpful to any other brides-to-be in Atlanta! 

xo Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment