Thursday, July 18, 2013

Not Worth the Hype...

Too Faced Primer, Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, and Blinc Mascara Review
Land of broken dreams over here

Hey guys! I am writing today to warn you of three products that I expected a lot from but was heavily disappointed by. Maybe I'm not using them right or missing something, but I just felt like for the price, these products do not deliver.





Too Faced Primed and Poreless Oil-Free Skin Smoothing Face Primer

Too Faced Primed and Poreless Pure Oil-Free Skin Smoothing Face Primer
lies... all lies

My skin has been out of control in the summer oil-production wise; it was becoming quite a problem. Before I basically switched to using my Physicians Formula BB Cream as my everyday foundation (which I still love because it lasts all day!) I was having to deal with my Bare Minerals foundation melting away pretty much everyday by the afternoon. Determined to find a solution I did some Internet research and came across the Too Faced Primed and Poreless primer. Specifically targeted for oily skin, this primer promised to mattify, reduce the size of pores, and keep foundation in place all day. That was not my experience. The texture was very greasy, and although it did dry matte after a few minutes, it failed to stay matte or make my foundation last all day. Maybe my skin is just too oily for this primer, I don't know. However, very disappointed because at $30 for an ounce I really expected it to work at least a little bit. If you have very oily skin, definitely skip this one!


Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

Words can't express how disappointed I am about this one! Having heard for ages from multiple beauty gurus about how the Shu Uemura eyelash curler is the "BEST" eyelash curler and that all the celebrities use it, I had extremely high expectations. It's touted as having a patented, state-of-the-art hinge with an engineered curved angle that is able to curl every single lash simultaneously using the perfect amount of pressure. With all that hype I was seriously expecting some luscious, fake-looking lashes. I was sorely disappointed. I don't know if mine was defective or if I'm not using it right, but I literally saw nothing special. It worked the same as my Tweezerman eyelash curler, and costs about twice the price. Save your money!


Blinc Amplified Mascara

Blinc Amplified Mascara

The Blinc Amplified Mascara has apparently been "a decade in development" and uses the same tube-building formula as the original but in a buildable formula for "amplified" lashes. Just like the original, it is "life-proof", meaning that it does not smudge or flake. All I can say about this product is that it did not amplify my lashes whatsoever. After I applied it, it barely looked as if I was wearing any mascara. Additionally, I applied it after curling my lashes and it literally weighed them down so much it looked as if I hadn't curled them at all. I added more of the mascara and it just made it clumpy and even more weighed down. The only thing that they delivered on is the staying power, this mascara will not budge! It only comes off with water and pressure, however all the rubbing needed to remove it is definitely not the best for the delicate skin around your eye. At $26 a tube I was deeply disappointed, especially since my L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Original Mascara works a thousand times better and is only $7.99. 

Alright that's enough disappointment for one day. Let me know in the comments if you've tried one of these and what you thought about them! 

xoxo Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment