Monday, April 14, 2014

April Favorites! Time Balm Primer, MUFE HD Blush, & Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation


Hey guys! Today I wanted to do a quick little post about three beauty products that I am currently LOVING. I know it's a little early in April to call these my favorites, but I love these so much I just couldn't wait until the end of the month. They are the Time Balm primer by the Balm, HD blush by Make Up Forever in Coral, and the Rimmel Stay Matte liquid mousse foundation. 




The Balm Time Balm Primer


I got this Time Balm primer by the Balm on Hautelook (they do periodic the Balm sales which are amazing, I also got three blushes for only like 10 each) about a month ago. This primer is amazing, unlike that greasy Too Faced primer I talked about here, it actually mattifies my skin and leaves it velvety smooth and ready for my foundation. In addition, it is enriched with antioxidants in the form of Vitamin A, C, and E to help my skin combat free radicals, which is great. Lastly it has allantoin and bioflavonoid, which are anti-inflammatories that help soothe stressed skin. I love this primer so much because, surprise surprise, it actually works (so refreshing after some of  the disappointments I've tried). After I smooth it on, all my imperfections are diminished and my skin feels smooth and even. My skin is super oily, so I usually do have some shine by the end of the day, but it does dry to a matte finish at first. If you are looking for a good primer with some skincare benefits as well, this primer is the one for you!


Make Up Forever HD Cream Blush


Next I recently purchased one of the new Make Up Forever HD Blushes at Sephora. I am a huge fan of cream blushes because I think they last longer on my oily skin, plus they are so easy and convenient to apply. I had one of the Revlon Photo Ready Cream Blush in Pinched, and while I liked it, I was not a fan of the color (wayy too light on my skin). In addition, it did not have the staying power I wanted. When I saw that MUFE was coming out with a line of cream blushes, I knew I had to buy one. MUFE is such an amazing makeup line, I seriously love everything they do. I knew their cream blushes were going to be heavily pigmented and long lasting, and I was not disappointed! 

This cream blush is actually a blend of oils, waxes, and powders, giving it a really unique, lightweight texture not seen in most cream blushes. You can layer it on as light as you want, or build it up for more color, either way it never looks cakey. In addition, it has serious staying power and lasts all day, which is key for me since I have class until 9 on some days. Sometimes I layer it underneath one of my powder blushes, and it really extends the life of those as well. Obsessed! I am going to grab another color soon.


Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation


Lastly I got the new Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation in my Influenster UniVoxBox. If you have not heard of Influenster, it is a really cool site for bloggers. You can basically review products and complete surveys for points, and periodically they select you for free samples to review on your blog. I got selected for the UniVoxBox and I'm sooo happy because it introduced me to my latest obsession, this foundation!

Rimmel is kind of an expert in the staying matte category (their Rimmel Stay Matte powder is a holy grail product for many oily-skin ladies such as myself) so I knew their Stay Matte foundation would be just as good. I was not disappointed! It has a really great texture that blends out beautifully and dries to a soft matte finish. It also has really good coverage; you seriously only need a tiny amount for your whole face! My only complaint is that the shade I was given is a tad too light for my skin, I got Soft Beige, but its totally fine, I just layer some of my darker powder on top. I will definitely repurchase in a darker shade when I'm out. It lasts all day with only minimal shine. If you have oily skin, definitely check this one out. It is very comparable in texture and quality to the Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation, for a fraction of the price!

Alright guys, that's it for today! Please let me know in the comments what products you are currently loving!

xo Patricia

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is amazing, its really pigmented and it lasts all day!

      Delete
  2. love the matte foundation RR x

    eatingwearliving.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete