Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Make Up Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation


Hey guys! Today I'm going to be talking about a new foundation I picked up a couple of months ago to try. I always try to use a product for at least a month before I review it, just so I can be sure of how I feel about it. As I've mentioned before, I really like the Make Up Forever makeup brand; they are marketed as being a professional makeup line used by real makeup artists backstage at runway shows, movies, circuses, plays, etc. They focus on formula rather than packaging, which I think is a really cool thing and definitely shows through in the quality of their products. I definitely want to buy more from this line, but as of now I only have a cream blush (that I talked about here) and this foundation.



The HD Invisible Cover Foundation is the first product that really put MUFE on the map. It was created to provide light-weight coverage that could keep skin looking flawless under high-definition cameras. It is an oil-free foundation, which is an essential for me. It also has some beneficial  ingredients in the form of relipidium and fucogel (I just love  double-threat makeup products!). Replidium is great because it repairs the skin barrier and restores moisture to the skin in a long-lasting manner by activating the synthesis of ceramides (which are essential for keeping skin hydrated), while Fucogel forms a protective shield over your skin to seal in moisture.

Foundation on left, nothing on right!
In terms of how it performs, it definitely lives up to its claim of providing high-definition coverage. It is a medium-coverage foundation that can be built up to the level of coverage you want. I usually just do a light coat and then add a little concealer on top, although if you added more you probably wouldn't even need that. It has a bit of a dewy finish at first that dries to a beautiful satiny-matte finish that looks very natural, making it great for everyday use.

My skin is super oily, so I always dust finishing powder on top, but if your skin is more dry this foundation is probably all you need. It didn't keep me matte all day or anything like that, although it isn't advertised as doing that so I wasn't expecting it. I just blot my face with a sheet of toilet paper anytime I use the restroom during the day and its totally fine. The staying power is great; it doesn't oxidize or get patchy after a long day, which is a huge plus for me. Best of all, it photographs really well!

My only issue with this foundation is a personal issue that I am almost embarrassed to tell you guys about cause I sound so dumb but here goes. The shade I got, 150, is just a tad bit too light for me. The sad part is I originally got 145, which was WAY too light for me, and I actually went back to Sephora and exchanged it for this one. I swatched several of them in the store and thought it was my right shade, but when I applied it at home I realized it was STILL too light. At this point I'm just keeping it; way too embarrassed to go back again lol. Plus it is fine, I mix a little bit of my Em Love Me for Me foundation (which was a tad bit too dark) in with it and it works.

So there you go, if you are looking for a good high-end foundation that will leave your skin looking FLAWLESS, check this one out! Just don't be dumb like me and make sure you get your right shade lol.

xo Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment